America

America
God Bless Her

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Stats to Think About

Adrian Gonzalez since 5/1: 41 games, 61-169, .361, .405 ob%, 12 dbl, 12 hr, 34 runs, 45 rbi,


Curtis Granderson against fastballs this season: .331 Avg, .793 Slg, 17 HR. Against off-speed pitches: .181 Avg, .351 Slg, 4 HR.


Pirates are 2 games over .500 this late in a season for first time since they were 40-38 on July 2, 1999.


Where did I get these stats? TWITTER! The greatest thing to happen to sports fans since MLB Network. I hated twitter for a long time, then Lis showed me how to use it. Now all I follow is Buster Olney, Tim Kurkjidan, all the Yankees best writers and Baseball Tonight. Constant updates during the night on what's going on in baseball filled with stats. Seriously awesome. Plus I follow players like Swisher and Brian Wilson who are hilarious. You might think I'm stupid now but just try it. Mind blowing.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. So why would you ever throw a fastball to Granderson? Reynolds was/is the same way. Murders fastballs. Strikes out on any off speed pitch.

    Great post. I love stats. Gonzalez should be starting the all star game. Not Tex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twitter is to me what Facebook is to Noah.

    ReplyDelete